The first Home Expo was held in January 2012 in Lafayette, titled Lamorinda Home Expo.
The event was coordinated by local community resource website, LamorindaWeb.com in partnership with the Lafayette Chamber of Commerce. It was an outstanding success for both Lamorinda (Lafayette, Moraga, Orinda) residents and local businesses that we have made it an annual event! In 2013, LamorindaWeb co-presented the event with TheHomeMag East Bay and in 2014 that collaboration developed into it’s own business entity, called Home Expo.
About Lamorinda Home Expo
The Lamorinda event is held the last weekend in January, on a Sunday, the weekend between NFL playoffs and the Super Bowl. The Lamorinda Home Expo is held at the beautiful Lafayette Veterans Memorial Building, 3780 Mt. Diablo Blvd., in Lafayette, CA. The facility is lovely and provides for a open yet intimate opportunity for home owners to discuss their remodeling plans with local businesses. The event is primarily held inside although we have had fantastic January weather that has allowed for food trucks and outdoor exhibitors (primarily LamorindaWeb, TheHomeMag and KKDV 92.1.) The facility can hold over 45 exhibitors including event sponsors, exhibitors, a media sponsor/resource table, snack/food vendor, Lafayette Chamber of Commerce and a few local non-profits which have included Lamorinda CERT, Rotary HOME Team, and Sustainable Lafayette.
A free raffle has attracted residents and added some excitement to their visit. Prizes have included an iPad mini, Lafayette Juniors Kitchen Tour tickets, Lafayette Gift Cards, and a pre-released copy of Explosion Green by David Gottfried. All visitors are provided a copy of the Event Guide which includes advertisements from exhibitors and a resource list of all exhibitors at the show – definitely a keep-sake!
About Danville Home Expo
To extend this valuable entity to other communities in the Bay Area, the first Danville Home Expo was held on September 7, 2014 at the Danville Community Center, 420 Front Street Danville. Similar to Lamorinda Home Expo at the Lafayette Veterans Hall, the facility is open and beautiful and inviting for attendees. Approximately 40 vendors fill the room and the event featured a free drawing.
Sponsors and Exhibitors
To present a well-rounded show, the sponsors and exhibitors are categorized in their home improvement industry. We typically allow only three businesses per category but in more popular categories such as design/build and construction we up the limit to five businesses. The show is also rounded out with non-profit community organizations such as Sustainable Lafayette, Rotary HOME Team, and Lamorinda CERT. The event is supported and promoted by both the Lafayette Chamber of Commerce.
Promotion of Home Expo is wide spread across the Bay Area – both in online channels, press release distribution and print advertising.
- TheHomeMag – fullL-page ad in editions three months prior to event (circulation of 335,000)
- Diablo Magazine – half page ad in the issue prior to the event dat. (circulation of 40,000)
- Diablo Magazine‘s The A List – e-newsletter announcement five days prior to the event (20,000 subscribers)
- The Chamber Link – online event listing and e-newsletter distribution throughout the Bay Area
- Local Happenings Magazine – half-page ad in the edition one month prior to event (20,000 homes); online event listing
- KKDV 92.1 – 47 60 second on-air announcements starting 7 days prior to the event; 30 announcements; online event listing, booth onsite from 10am – 2pm day of event
- News24-680.com – online/homepage ad three months prior to event; online event listing; social media announcements.
- YourTownMonthly – San Ramon, Danville, Blackhawk, Alamo, Diablo – half-page ad in the editions three months prior to event (53,000 print distribution each edition)
- Walnut Creek Magazine – half-page ad in the edition one month prior to event (20,000 print distribution)
- 86 Degrees Magazine – full page ad in the edition one month prior to event (30,000 print distribution)
- The Grapevine Coupon Book – one coupon page in the editor prior to the event (29,000 homes in Danville/San Ramon and 14,500 homes in Blackhawk/Diablo/Alamo)
- Bay Area News Group – 1/8 page ad for four weeks prior to event in the The Valley Journal and The Times Herald (circulation 74,100)
- The Valley Sentinel – ad in the issue prior to the event (circulation 30,000)
- Lafayette /Danville / Alamo Today – ad in issue prior to the event (15,200 circulation)
- Community Focus – ad in issue prior to Lamorinda Home Expo (50,000 homes and businesses in Pleasant Hill, Martinez, Concord, Lafayette and Walnut Creek)
- Lamorinda Sun / East Bay Times – event listing for exhibitors, event listing for event 1-2 weeks prior to the event.
- LamorindaWeb – a web ad, a combination of online articles, e-newsletter and social media mention 3 months leading up to the Lamorinda Home Expo
- Lamorinda Weekly – a post-it ad in the issue leading up to Lamorinda Home Expo (circulation of 24,000); event listing
- Lamorinda Moms – 1/2 page print ad in newsletter issue leading up to Lamorinda Home Expo (circulation of approx. 1000)
- Lafayette Chamber of Commerce – newsletter insert (circulation of 750, over 1000 electronic subscribers)
- Patch – event listing all east bay communities
- Lamorinda Theatres – Orinda and Moraga on-screen advertisement
- Macaroni Kid – online advertisement
- My Map Book – Mt Diablo Area Community Map Book has a total distribution of 40,000, mailing 35,000 copies directly to homes and 5,000 are distributed by community outlets like the Chambers of Commerce & advertisers.
- Orinda News – mailing of 9000 to Orinda residents.
- Signs around town
- Event listings on all local event sites including Sustainable Lafayette‘s online calendar and e-blast
- Distribution of raffle tickets through: Children’s Health Guild, LamorindaCERT, Lafayette Juniors, LamorindaMoms, Lamorinda Village, Lafayette Reservoir Run, Lafayette Garage Tour, Lamorinda Presents, chambers of commerce, etc.