SAVE THE DATES
NEW 760° redating Retro Earth Globe World Map Geography Toy Office School HC Aug. 5, 2019: Deadline to nominate for the McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership Kids Preschool Learning Developing Wooden Toy Number Cards+Letter Cards Gift
Sept. 9-10, 2019: News Leaders Association Conference at New Orleans Marriott
Sept. 27, 2019: Milwaukee NewsTrain, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Oct. 18-19: Austin NewsTrain, hosted by GateHouse Media and the Austin American-Statesman CleverCo Giant Geoboards Set of 5: Albuquerque NewsTrain, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association
Percussion Toys Set Rhythm Rattles Kids Toddlers Musical Instruments Portable
If you have news about news, news leaders or newsrooms you'd like to share, send details here.
NLA is now seeking nominations for the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership
The News Leaders Association is seeking nominations for the next recipient of the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership, sponsored by the USA TODAY Network. We are looking for individuals or news organizations whose actions and work reflect a strong commitment to diversity in honor of the late Robert G. McGruder, a former Detroit Free Press executive editor and former managing editor of The Plain Dealer in Cleveland.
Nominees should be individuals or news organizations who have made a significant contribution to improving and promoting diversity for one or more years, both through retention and recruitment in their workplaces, as well as through news content.
Spin Master Piasek kinetyczny KINETIC SAND mix
The Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership has been co-sponsored by the American Society of News Editors and the Associated Press Media Editors, which are now the News Leaders Association, and is also sponsored generously by the USA TODAY Network.*
Newton's Cradle Steel Balance Ball Physics Science Pendulum Fun Toy GiftKids Toddlers Wooden Funny Toy Set Montessori Geometry Contrast BuildingGAKKEN MYKIT JUNIOR RADIO ELECTRONIC PROJECT KIT
Please submit your nominations by Aug. 5 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submitted nominations should include the name of the individual or organization, a brief explanation of why they're being nominated and a headshot or photo of the individual/organization.
To view the full press release, click here.
The Associated Press Media Editors has honored the photograph below as National Member Photo of the Month for March 2019.
Thanks to Spenser Heaps,deputy director of photography at the Deseret News, for judging this month.
Here is what the judge had to say about the winning image:
Learn Tap Drum Set Teach Drum Singing Baby Musical Activity Drum Toys For KidsLED Musical House Experiment DIY Physics Kits Toy Lab Basic Circuit ProjectANT FARM Messor barbarus,Starter Set,Formicarium,TerrariumRobocar Poli [ Smart Car ] Educational Toy with Sound 10 Melody Friction Gear
Below is the link to all images entered for March and the winner is slide #14.
Amy Drennen, right, of Lordstown, Ohio, an employee at General Motors for 12 years, receives a hug from Pam Clark, as people gather in front of the General Motors assembly plant, Wednesday, March 6, 2019, in Lordstown, Ohio. It was the last day of the plant's Chevrolet Cruze production, a move that will eliminate nearly 1,700 hourly jobs and idle the plant. (Steph Chambers/Pittsburgh Post-Gazette via AP)
Register now for the 2019 NLA (ASNE-APME) Conference
How can newsroom leaders lead in times of urgency, while at the same time training the next generation and growing readers' trust? We'll focus on those questions and many more during the inaugural News Leaders Association Conference, Sept. 9-10 in New Orleans.
The Evolution of the Modern Editor
Leading in Times of Urgency
Managing the Next Generation
Being a Strategic Partner with the Community
News That's Driving Paid Subscribers
Growing Readers' Trust
Executing the Big Project - On Time and on Budget
Montessori Materials Toys - Thousand Hundred Ten Beads Kids Number Counting Preparing Your Audience for the 2020 Election and Census
The Future of the Opinion Page
In addition to our fantastic program, Joy Mayer and Lynn Walsh from Trusting News and the Poynter Institute, will be offering a workshop from 1-5pm on Sunday, Sept. 8 before the NLA conference. The workshop, "How any journalist can earn trust," will center on how to stop thinking of distrust in journalism as an unsolvable, big-picture problem. This is a great opportunity to learn how to address a very serious concern faced in our industry.
In addition to the Poynter workshop before our conference, we are also working with the Knight Foundation to offer a workshop from the coaches and news leaders with the Knight-Lenfest Newsroom Initiative, also known as the Table Stakes program. The workshop will be Wednesday, Sept. 11 and will share lessons and tools for leading effective digital transformation in your newsroom.
To register for these additional workshops, visit ASNE's online store select one or both workshops.
New Orleans is also a city you want to explore. Plan to spend two full days this fall in a city filled with festive spirit, renowned for vibrant live music, spicy cuisine and round-the-clock nightlife. While you're in New Orleans for the NLA conference, you might want to check out some of the fun events going on around town, Beginner Telescope Microscope Opticon MULTIVIEW + science toolkit
Register for the 2019 NLA Conference now HERE
The registration fee is $275 for members of ASNE and APME and $375 for nonmembers.
1-10 Beads Bar Cubes for Montessori Early Developing Math Operation Toy Gift
Lunch tickets are not included in the price of registration. Don't forget to purchase Monday and Tuesday lunch tickets during registration. If you did not purchase lunch tickets at the time of registration, then you can do so through the 1-10 colorful Beads Cubes for Montessori Early Learning Educational Math Toy.
If you can't attend the entire convention, then register for individual days for $150 (members) or $200 (nonmembers) per day on Monday and Tuesday.
If you are a student, then you can register for only $50.
And don't forget to register your spouse/companion!
Book your hotel HERE
A terrific group rate is available at the New Orleans Marriott for $179 per night. To book a room, click here or call 504-581-1000 and mention the ASNE-APME event.
Don't miss the 2019 fall NewsTrains
- Warhammer 40k Army Orks Ork Nobz x5 Painted And Based
- COMPLETE AIRBRUSH COMPRESSOR KIT 2 AIRBRUSHES CLEANING POT RODS BOTTLES HOLDER
- Aurora World 15650 19-inch corsica Mermicorno Plush Toy - Mermicorno Corsica
- Team Associated RC10F6 Chassis AS8620
- Catan 5th Edition Board Game
- Hasbro Transformers The Last Knight Mega 1 Step Turbo Changer DRAGONSTORM
- Figure Complex Character Revo Series No.001 Rilakkuma
- Green Goblin Spiderman Enemy Vinyl Superdeformed Figure Marvel MIB Plex Classic
- Original Corgi Toys 211 - Studebaker golden Hawk - bluee
- SCHABAK GERMAN DIECAST 1 43 VW TRANSPORTER VAN SYNCRO POLIZEI RARE EXCELLENT
- SUNKCCI Musical Learning Workbench Kids Toy with Tools, Fun Engineering...
- MegaHouse Variable action Granzort Super Aqua-beat
- Masters of the Universe (loose) - redon redator
- Marvel Legends - Kree Sentry Series - Captain Marvel (movie) - Hasbro
- 6mm WW2 generic - 1 600 scale ship penny for scale world war 2 - ships (16034)
- Heller 1 8 Kawasaki Z1000GG Godier Genoud Motorcycle Gift Set Model Kit
- Carrera Evolution 27380 Mclaren M20 No.3 Interseries `74 New
- ShenStar 9455S Noise Reduction Paddle 3-blade Foldable Carbon Fiber NEW
- Corgi MF 780 Combine Harvester, Mint in Near Mint Original Box
- Oreca 03R-Nissan N.37 Retired Lm 2014 Ladygin-Minassian-Mediani 1 43 Spark S4218
- ONCE UPON A TIME VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE CAR MODEL 1 43 SIZE GREENLIGHT 86494 EMMA K8Q
- BRAND NEW LEGO 60154 TOWN BUS STATION
- LOT OF 3 Vtg 1985 Bandai Transformers GOBOT Spay-C Nasa Warpath Submarine
- Hover 853 Ford 5000 Super Tractor Battery Operated Red Plastic Model MIB RARE
- Trumpeter 1 35 Soviet 100mm Air Defence Gun KS-19M2 TRU02349
- FS0179 FMS P51 Mustang Artf W Retract W O Tx Rx Bat - Red Tail (V8)
- Aluminum Center Hub - Goblin 500 H0206-S
- GI JOE GEYPERMAN 'SPAIN INDIAN ACCESOIRES RARE MIB
- (6) ToyBiz LOTR Special Edition Collectors Series 12 Action Figures NIB Aragorn
- BBR Ferrari J50 Red 50th anniversary Fer 1 43 BBRC208
- Ford Escort Ii Rs 1800 Castrol H. Heyer Drm 1976 Minichamps 1 43 400768430 Model
- Corgi 72909 Simca Cargo EVIAN Water Ltd Edition No. 0511 of 1346
- LEGO Friends 41038 JUNGLE RESCUE BASE - new sealed
- Vintage Mego Micronauts complete aliens ANTRON & REPTO WITH 3 ORIGINAL BROCHURES
- G.I.JOE 25ème Anniversaire - 2007 - Storm Shadow (Joe)
- 1997 Toy Biz Marvel Collectors Edition - Original Avengers Toy Figure Set - RARE
- Sept. 27 in Milwaukee, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Oct. 18-19 in Austin, Texas, hosted by GateHouse Media LLC and the Austin American-Statesman.
- CSI Crime Scene Investigation Forensic Facial Reconstruction Kit NEW Open Box, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association Convention.
Magnetic redating Earth Globe World Map Ocean Geography Kid Educational Accs to be emailed when more information becomes available on the dates, agendas and instructors for the 2019 workshops.
Questions? Email Fischertechnik 524325 Tractor Set IR Control, 540 parts 8 models, remote control or Laura Sellers, NewsTrain project co-directors.
Editors on call
Would you like some advice from an experienced newsroom leader?
APME has put together a list of on-call editors willing to offer you strategic and practical advice on nearly two dozen different topics, from ethics to legal issues, to digital best practices, to upfront story coaching and newsroom budgeting.
Numbers 1-10 Write-A-Mat, 6pc - Melissa & Doug Free Shipping Hot Dots Jr. Book Set Favorite Fairy Tales - Educational Insights Free Shipping
The members of APME bring decades of journalism experience to the table.
Eastcolight Professional Human Torso Educational Set Birthday Christmas Gift
Now we want to broaden the circle and help develop newsroom leaders from coast to coast to strengthen journalism for all. You don’t need to be a member of APME; we’re here to help everyone.
APME: Lead. Nurture. Innovate.4X(Microscope For Kids Science Kit, Beginner's Microscope Kit bluee White W D4D5)
The APME Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization established in 1988 to receive tax-exempt gifts to carry out educational projects for the advancement of newspaper journalism. Every year since 1994 an auction has been held at the annual conference to benefit the foundation. Proceeds help support NewsTrain, a regional, low-cost training opportunity around the country and other practical education tools promoting the First Amendment, innovation and diversity in newsrooms.