SAVE THE DATES
Warhammer Bretonnian Morganna Le Fey Sorcerer Enchantress on Unicorn metal Aug. 5, 2019: Deadline to nominate for the McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership 25mm napoleonic turkish - arab auxiliaries 24 figures - inf (31274)
Sept. 9-10, 2019: News Leaders Association Conference at New Orleans Marriott
Sept. 27, 2019: Milwaukee NewsTrain, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Oct. 18-19: Austin NewsTrain, hosted by GateHouse Media and the Austin American-Statesman Metal X7 Character Bundle - OOP - LOTR Warhammer Lord of the Rings X266: Albuquerque NewsTrain, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association
Warhammer games workshop Ruins Terrain Scenery
If you have news about news, news leaders or newsrooms you'd like to share, send details here.
NLA is now seeking nominations for the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership
The News Leaders Association is seeking nominations for the next recipient of the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership, sponsored by the USA TODAY Network. We are looking for individuals or news organizations whose actions and work reflect a strong commitment to diversity in honor of the late Robert G. McGruder, a former Detroit Free Press executive editor and former managing editor of The Plain Dealer in Cleveland.
Nominees should be individuals or news organizations who have made a significant contribution to improving and promoting diversity for one or more years, both through retention and recruitment in their workplaces, as well as through news content.
TSR DUNGEONS & DRAGONS B SERIES B 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 + VGC MULITLIST
The Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership has been co-sponsored by the American Society of News Editors and the Associated Press Media Editors, which are now the News Leaders Association, and is also sponsored generously by the USA TODAY Network.*
15mm napoleonic portugese - infantry 30 figs - inf (20685)25mm medieval burgundian - archers (plastic) glued in 16 figures - inf (35181)Games Workshop Warhammer Fantasy Empire Gryphon Legion Mounted Kislev Knights A
Please submit your nominations by Aug. 5 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submitted nominations should include the name of the individual or organization, a brief explanation of why they're being nominated and a headshot or photo of the individual/organization.
To view the full press release, click here.
The Associated Press Media Editors has honored the photograph below as National Member Photo of the Month for March 2019.
Thanks to Spenser Heaps,deputy director of photography at the Deseret News, for judging this month.
Here is what the judge had to say about the winning image:
20mm modern british - APC - vehicles (35788)25mm napoleonic british - highland infantry 15 figs - inf (16758)OVER THE HILLS A NAPOLEONIC WARGAME - PARTIZAN PRESS -25mm renaissance turkish - sipahis 10 figures - cav (31211)
Below is the link to all images entered for March and the winner is slide #14.
Amy Drennen, right, of Lordstown, Ohio, an employee at General Motors for 12 years, receives a hug from Pam Clark, as people gather in front of the General Motors assembly plant, Wednesday, March 6, 2019, in Lordstown, Ohio. It was the last day of the plant's Chevrolet Cruze production, a move that will eliminate nearly 1,700 hourly jobs and idle the plant. (Steph Chambers/Pittsburgh Post-Gazette via AP)
Register now for the 2019 NLA (ASNE-APME) Conference
How can newsroom leaders lead in times of urgency, while at the same time training the next generation and growing readers' trust? We'll focus on those questions and many more during the inaugural News Leaders Association Conference, Sept. 9-10 in New Orleans.
The Evolution of the Modern Editor
Leading in Times of Urgency
Managing the Next Generation
Being a Strategic Partner with the Community
News That's Driving Paid Subscribers
Growing Readers' Trust
Executing the Big Project - On Time and on Budget
1998 Undead Mounted Wight Lord Citadel Warhammer Army Cavalry on Skeleton Steed Preparing Your Audience for the 2020 Election and Census
The Future of the Opinion Page
In addition to our fantastic program, Joy Mayer and Lynn Walsh from Trusting News and the Poynter Institute, will be offering a workshop from 1-5pm on Sunday, Sept. 8 before the NLA conference. The workshop, "How any journalist can earn trust," will center on how to stop thinking of distrust in journalism as an unsolvable, big-picture problem. This is a great opportunity to learn how to address a very serious concern faced in our industry.
In addition to the Poynter workshop before our conference, we are also working with the Knight Foundation to offer a workshop from the coaches and news leaders with the Knight-Lenfest Newsroom Initiative, also known as the Table Stakes program. The workshop will be Wednesday, Sept. 11 and will share lessons and tools for leading effective digital transformation in your newsroom.
To register for these additional workshops, visit ASNE's online store select one or both workshops.
New Orleans is also a city you want to explore. Plan to spend two full days this fall in a city filled with festive spirit, renowned for vibrant live music, spicy cuisine and round-the-clock nightlife. While you're in New Orleans for the NLA conference, you might want to check out some of the fun events going on around town, Warhammer Fantasy Legends Resin DARK ELF DREADLORD ON COLD ONE BNIB
Register for the 2019 NLA Conference now HERE
The registration fee is $275 for members of ASNE and APME and $375 for nonmembers.
Citadel Games Workshop OOP DS1 1983 Dwarf Cannon complete
Lunch tickets are not included in the price of registration. Don't forget to purchase Monday and Tuesday lunch tickets during registration. If you did not purchase lunch tickets at the time of registration, then you can do so through the TERRAIN BUNDLE SECTIONS 28mm wargames made to order.
If you can't attend the entire convention, then register for individual days for $150 (members) or $200 (nonmembers) per day on Monday and Tuesday.
If you are a student, then you can register for only $50.
And don't forget to register your spouse/companion!
Book your hotel HERE
A terrific group rate is available at the New Orleans Marriott for $179 per night. To book a room, click here or call 504-581-1000 and mention the ASNE-APME event.
Don't miss the 2019 fall NewsTrains
- 15mm Demi Cuirassiers 30yrs English Civil War Renaissance lot a
- Small Army - Mitsubishi A6M3 Zero, 265 piece - Cobi Free Shipping
- Fly GT 2001 No 11 Paginas Amarillas
- LEGO City Museum Break-in (60008) Retired Set. Excellent Condition 100% Complete
- Kre-o Transformers setSentinel Prime, complete, sealed bags NEW
- Lot x 30 Vintage 1980s 1990s GI Joe Cobra blueeprints Instruction Direction Sheet
- MOC THE WALKING DEAD SKYBOUND EXCLUSIVE NEGAN COLOR FIGURE BY MCFARLANE TOYS
- 1 50 Siku Fendt Tracteur Avec Modele De Chargeur Frontal
- Dinky 233 Cooper Bristol Racing Car Spun Hubs - Rare
- Schuco 43 Diecast Volkswagen T1 Delivery Van, Martini & Rossi
- MAISTO 2017 CHEVROLET CAMARO FIFTY SPECIAL EDITION 1 18 DIE CAST 25cm NEW IN BOX
- LEGO Star Wars 75175 A-Wing Starfighter - Brand New and Factory Sealed -RETIRED
- Vintage Spacecraft Transformer Plane Robot Toy Action Figure
- Mystery Amazing hidden items great for a gift or for your treasure.
- Modelcollect UA72030 1 72 Russian Bal-E Coastal Defence Missile Launcher &Kh35
- 1 6 scale WWII German The StG 44 Sturmgewehr 44 carbine rifle gun for 12 figure
- DC Comics figurine Q-Fig MAX World's Finest Batman & Superman DC Collectibles
- Merco 61 R C NEVER BEEN RUN A History FIND Last Reduction before Storage FAD.
- 5Battery RC Quadcopter Drone SYMA X5SW 2.4G WIFI Camera FPV Real Time Helicopter
- Spark S1839 Lotus 18 Winner Monaco GP 1960 - Stirling Moss 1 43 Scale
- RQ Coniglio no. 30 DEBUT RACE
- Ferrari 275 Gtb Clint Eastwood Personal Car Green Metalli. Best 1 43 BE9516 Mod.
- 25mm napoleonic french - dragoons 8 figures - cav (29404)
- Trumpeter 1 72 Beriev Be-6 Madge
- LEGO 41154 Cinderella's Dream Castle.Brand New. FREE P+P
- Hasbro Transformers Ultimate Bumblebee Action Figure
- McFarlane's Military - Army Paratrooper
- Marvel Legends Spider-Man Mary Jane Green Goblin Movie Classics Figure Lot Of 3
- Sept. 27 in Milwaukee, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Oct. 18-19 in Austin, Texas, hosted by GateHouse Media LLC and the Austin American-Statesman.
- 15mm WW2 german - battle group captured - vehicles (23038), hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association Convention.
25mm roman era roman - legionaries 24 figures - inf (26976) to be emailed when more information becomes available on the dates, agendas and instructors for the 2019 workshops.
Questions? Email Games Workshop Warhammer Dwarf Dwarves Troll Slayer Command 5 Metal Figures OOP or Laura Sellers, NewsTrain project co-directors.
Editors on call
Would you like some advice from an experienced newsroom leader?
APME has put together a list of on-call editors willing to offer you strategic and practical advice on nearly two dozen different topics, from ethics to legal issues, to digital best practices, to upfront story coaching and newsroom budgeting.
Warhammer - Skaven - WELL PAINTED Warp Lightning Cannon (REF 1) - Free Post Crystal Spires - Wargaming Terrain Warhammer 40k Age of Sigmar Kings of War
The members of APME bring decades of journalism experience to the table.
Star Wars Republic Light Cruiser x-wing Games
Now we want to broaden the circle and help develop newsroom leaders from coast to coast to strengthen journalism for all. You don’t need to be a member of APME; we’re here to help everyone.
APME: Lead. Nurture. Innovate.Forgeworld Tylos Rubio Knight Errant Librarian Horus Heresy Base Painted G178
The APME Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization established in 1988 to receive tax-exempt gifts to carry out educational projects for the advancement of newspaper journalism. Every year since 1994 an auction has been held at the annual conference to benefit the foundation. Proceeds help support NewsTrain, a regional, low-cost training opportunity around the country and other practical education tools promoting the First Amendment, innovation and diversity in newsrooms.